Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying function modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to copy a SAP function module to a 'z' function module. The standard function module has lot of user exits in it. How can I make sure that the user exit functionality also get copied to z function module with out any problems?

Thanks for your input.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Krishen,

You could go to the sm37 transaction, enter the name of the FM and select the copy button.

Now i fyou want to copy the function group yo should go to SE80, select in the browser repository the function group name. Then you can press the right button on the main object and select the copy option.

This will give you the option to rename every include of the FG, so i recomend that you shoul rename the main object and if you need to modify a specific include rename it from there.

Regards,

Eric

3 REPLIES 3

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copying function modules can be a very stressful job.

To ensure the completeness copying, please copy the function group then delete the stuff that is not required/needed.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can copy the function group with all of the function modules using SE80, simply enter the name of the fucntion group in to the object box, and hit enter, now right click on it from the object tree and choose copy.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Krishen,

You could go to the sm37 transaction, enter the name of the FM and select the copy button.

Now i fyou want to copy the function group yo should go to SE80, select in the browser repository the function group name. Then you can press the right button on the main object and select the copy option.

This will give you the option to rename every include of the FG, so i recomend that you shoul rename the main object and if you need to modify a specific include rename it from there.

Regards,

Eric