Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert charater text 'E" to currancy field in alvs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting runtime error in ALV repor,while passing char value 'E' to curr field.Is there any procees to convert char filed which have value 'E' in alv..I saw some thread where char values convert to curr field.I tried in that way.But no use..So i cannot pass char 'E" to curr field.Kindely tell me the solution ASAP.I was struck with this problm.

8 REPLIES 8

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why would you need to pass char 'E' to a curr field???

Greetings,

Blag.

0 Kudos

Hi Bleg,

It is a alv report to display po based on payment terms.If final table contains 3 records where 2 are satiesfy the conditions and 1 fails then i have to display 1 error for that record and display success record in alvs.But its not getting.So got requirment to pass 'E'(its error) to currancy field only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you cannot do that... Fields of type currency will not take Characters or alphabets

Thanks

Mahesh

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For ALV's you need to create field for Currency Key , then pass E to value currency key and display adjacent to currency field.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

10q for your reply.Do u have any code for this.I have to solve this issue.Kindely send me code ASAP.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check program BCALV_GRID_DEMO

aRs

0 Kudos

Hi.

where exactely i can see code related to my work.

10q.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to do

1. Create a new field in output internal table you are passing to fm REUSE* or (if you are using class then SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY)

Eg.

data : CUKEY .like BSEG-PSWSL.

and also create a field next to your currency field as same in the field catalog

FIELDCAT-FIELDNAME = 'CUKEY'.

and the fill up the output table CUKEY with currency key you want to

then pass the output internal table to fm REUSE or class SET_TABLE

aRs