Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conversion from query to ABAP report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already a query (report), displaying some data.working perfectly.

now i want to convert that Query to ABAP report, with same selection screen and functionality?

Is there any process for conversion or i have to create just like a normal report and writing the code....

Thanks in advance,

fractal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standard conversion available as such, but you can find out the Query Report name and then copy that to another program and make your changes. But it is preferable to just write it from the start as queries are notorious for their select statements.

I don't know why you intend to write a report even though your query is working, but if you want to do it, write your own program. You can always keep the same selection screen.

Regards,

Srinivas

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standard conversion available as such, but you can find out the Query Report name and then copy that to another program and make your changes. But it is preferable to just write it from the start as queries are notorious for their select statements.

I don't know why you intend to write a report even though your query is working, but if you want to do it, write your own program. You can always keep the same selection screen.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yad,

After running your query, if you goto transaction SE38, you will see the name of report normally starting with AQ... or you can search using your username in SE38.

Copy this report as ZAQanyname. Then you can assign transaction code to this report using SE93.

Hope this will help.

Please award few points if it serves your purpose.

Cheers.

Pras Durafe

0 Kudos

Please close the post.

Srinivas