Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Inspector in Background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I scheduled an inspection in code inspector as an background job. But when I go to SM37 the job is there, but it has not created any spool.

Any input on this post is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat Ramanan N

5 REPLIES 5

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you checked the job lob.??

(SM37 > select your job > click on job log)

regards,

Naimesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked enough in the transaction SM37. No hints.

And more over job logs is just to know whether the job is completed or not. It will not have any data for the job.

Regs,

Venkat Ramanan N

Message was edited by: Venkat Ramanan Natarajan

Message was edited by: Venkat Ramanan Natarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any inputs.

Regs,

Venkat Ramanan N

Former Member
0 Kudos

check ?

Program SAPLS_CODE_INSPECTOR cannot be scheduled (not of type 1 or J)

Message no. BT077

Diagnosis

The ABAP program that you specified for this job step is not of a type that can be run in the background.

Only ABAP reports of type 1 (interactive) can be run in the background.

System Response

No action taken.

Procedure

Check that you have entered the correct ABAP program. If not, then you must select a different program that is executable in the background, or consult with the responsible programmer.

Regards

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhu,

I understand that the program "SAPLS_CODE_INSPECTOR " cannot run in the background.

But still you can run a inspection in the background. Go to transaction SCI, enter a inspection name, create, specify all other necessary inputs, press Cnrl + F1, dialog box appears , give a server group, select the radio button "Backgorund", save it. Now it is scheduled.

But my question is I'm not able to see any spool, even though the inspection containing a program contains some errors.

Regs,

Venkat Ramanan N