Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster table as Check table - ok ?

krishnannarayanan_nampoot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Z table and the field BELNR is there ( with accouting Documet year GJAHR ) . Since various kinda document types come in there, BSEG seems to be the correct table as a check table.

Concern: Is it ok to have a cluster table as a check table. Does this affect performance anyway ? The rows are inserted in by program and there won't be any check at tat time i guess. Please correct if i am wrong.

Regards,

Narayanan K N

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayanan,

When you insert a row into data base table through program it will not consider any foreign key checks and the row will be inserted into table. So, there is no performance issue.

Regards,

Chinna.

3 REPLIES 3

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right. Cluster tables always pose performance problems. But if they are un avoidable to use then just stick to performance tuning rules and accept the rest.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I did a lil study and what i feel is that giving a BSEG as a check table in the scenario won't make a difference as Check table is used when we insert through a screen. When we insert from a program, then the check table is not referred,

I tried through a program and it allows me to insert a junk row with absolute Junk in PO value which has EKKO as entry.

So my understanding is this should make no difference...still i am not very sure.

I guess for now, i can proceed.

Thankx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayanan,

When you insert a row into data base table through program it will not consider any foreign key checks and the row will be inserted into table. So, there is no performance issue.

Regards,

Chinna.