Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing the record in a view

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

changing the data in a view in SAP also changes data in the underlying table is that right? I need to change in some tables. can i do that through the views created for the tables?

Regards,

Vijay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vijay,

Do check this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/be/96df78260f11d2955a00a0c929b3c3/content.htm

Hope this will answer all your questions.

Cheers

Sunny

Rewrd points, if found helpful

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vijay,

Do check this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/be/96df78260f11d2955a00a0c929b3c3/content.htm

Hope this will answer all your questions.

Cheers

Sunny

Rewrd points, if found helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

View are just a display of the table records based on a condition.

You cant edit the records in the view.

regards,

Wenceslaus.

0 Kudos

hey you can change the field values. Check out the previous link.

By the way, is this consistent with database standards? If this is done here, I guess it can be done in normal databases as well? using SQL etc.

0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

Thanks. Just got to know that.

Yes it would be consistent.

Otherwise you can have the Table Maintenance generator to maintain the fields in the database.

Regards,

Wenceslaus.

0 Kudos

Table maintanence is always an option, but I was referring to existing views say for eg. for plant V_T001W in SM30, allows you to modify the data w.r.t plants/branches - like that.

Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos

Just same to know V_T001W is a customizing table. No idea what that is? does anybody know?

Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

V_T001W is a <b>maintenance view</b>.

If you check V_T001W in SM30. All the fields are not maintained properly. You could just see the Note at the bottom of the screen.

0 Kudos

V_T001W is a customizing table acc. to the delivery class. It has lot of join conditions, if you look at se11 for V_T001W. Is it only a maintainence view. The maintanence view name, should be same as the table name isn't it.

Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi,

The maintenance view name need not be the same name as the table name.

You can create your maintenance view for custom tables in SE11.

Regards,

Wenceslaus.

0 Kudos

yeah I saw that now...now this is different from the table maintanence generator that we can create for normal tables. Am I right? So if we change records in this maintanence view, the records in the database are changed.

Vijay

0 Kudos

Yes that's right.

Regards,

Wenceslaus.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can maintain the table level itslef, why do you want it at view level ,in view level you can't modify the tables. create the table maintenance for those tables and delete/change the records.

Regards

Vijay

0 Kudos

I'm not talking about ZTables.