Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing the output table of the function tr_read_and_display_log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to get the values ​​of an internal table that stores the error logs of syntax checking. Eg. in the transaction SE11, run the check for a table, and generates a screen with warnings. Through the debugger I found the table that stores this data for display (GT_LINES), but it is an internal table in the code standard and can't get her values ​​through select or move to a table in my report. Is there any way to be done? Through EXIT or something?

thanks for any help.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Marcel_Wahl
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are 3 options you could do:

1) each module has an implicit enhancement point on the end

You can use this to post the result  to any place you need it or access it.

2) Use the statment "SYNTAX-CHECK FOR PROGRAM " (see f1 help) to check the source your self

and print the log

3) Use the code inspector. It includes sysntax check for all sources e.g. in transaction "SCII"

In the "variant" you select the checks to like "Syntax check"

Regards

6 REPLIES 6

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to call TRINT_READ_LOG ?

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I'm trying to check all the programs and objects in a package, showing the log until the end of the verification. I call TCODE specific to the element (eg. SE11 for tables) and run verification with help of SHDB recording. Doing this I have the log generated by TCODE SE11, which is stored in a standard internal table. ​​I want to get these values and move to to my table but can't find a way to change the output of the function, was using tr_read_and_display_log.

Marcel_Wahl
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are 3 options you could do:

1) each module has an implicit enhancement point on the end

You can use this to post the result  to any place you need it or access it.

2) Use the statment "SYNTAX-CHECK FOR PROGRAM " (see f1 help) to check the source your self

and print the log

3) Use the code inspector. It includes sysntax check for all sources e.g. in transaction "SCII"

In the "variant" you select the checks to like "Syntax check"

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I try the 3rd option, but, I need a way to verify the syntax of reports, tables and others in a package, in a way that check all and only show the log after checking everything. Can I do this with the SYNTAX-CHECK? I did some tests, but nothing significant yet.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Transaction "SCII"  is meant for ad hoc sngle checks.

Try the following:

Open transaction "SCI" (Code inspector - full functionality)

Step 1)  Define the check varaint (last input field down) or use the standard "DEFAULT". SAP is using this to check all transports before release.

Step 2)  Define the objects to be checked using the second input field "object set". Here you can define any combination of technical objects, packages etc. ->  Helpful is to go menu "edit" -> "exlcude generate maintenenance view"

Step 3) Start an inspection from the 1st input field of SCI. It will just ask for object set (or transport) and the variant. I would recommend to start execution in background.

The result is a full log with all details and the possibility to jump into the code.

Regards

0 Kudos

You could use SCI tools like in Continuous Integration using Code Inspector

Regards,

Raymond