Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing display name in search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a new elementary search help for the field VBKD-BSTKD_E. This elementary search help is then appended to the standard collective serach help VMVA.

Now when F4 is pressed, a pop up is displayed for the user to enter the value for BSTKD_E. Now in the pop up BSTKD_E field's desciption is displayed. But i do not want this name(description) to be displayed.

Is there any way that i can change the name/description of the field BSTKD_E in the pop up?

With Regards,

Sridhar

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've not tried something exactly like that before but you might like to have a go with this:

- Implement a search help exit in the elementary search help (following the F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE model if you've not used one before);

- Within your new exit function module, implement some code in the 'DISP' step

(i.e. if callcontrol-step = 'DISP'...) where you will modify the contents of the SHLP parameter (type SHLP_DESCR) ...

- Within SHLP_DESCR you will see FIELDDESCR which is of type DDFIELDS which is a table type of DFIES - by the time the DISP step is reached, I expect you'll find this has the list of fields and headers, so you'll want to modify REPTEXT (and maybe the SCRTEXT* field values too) for the row which corresponds to your BSTKD_E column.

Jonathan