Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in standard selection screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am developing a report which has two fields on the selection screen and a push button. On entering values in those fields and pressing the button, a transaction is called (PV12).

The selection screen of this transaction has two fields and a radio button. The values in these two fields are to be filled from those entered on the custom selection screen. Also, both the fields of the standard screen need to be disabled (output-only mode).

I read various threads and realised that i will have to use transaction variant or screen variant using transaction SHD0. But i could not find a thread which completely describes the use of SHD0.

I tried to create one screen variant but unsuccessful. Can anyone pls guide me about using SHD0.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Try using transaction variant, transaction code SHDO. And then SE93. In SE93 choose the option of variant transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I hope you are expecting to make PV12 standard fields are disabled.

If that is the case

SHD0->enter transaction varinat as PV12 and try to fill values for fields in PV12>say enter>you will get a screen with confirm screen entries->give some name for screenvarinat and desc->Click on Exit and Save button->

now select the fields what you want to make output only.

Then activate screen varinat.

Thanks

eswar

0 Kudos

hi,

I have created the transaction variant as per the requirement. Now how do i use that in my report. I was using the following code.

<b>call transaction PV12 using BDCDATA.</b>

The variant that i have created is ZPV12. How to use this variant in the report.

0 Kudos

everything is working fine. but i am not able to make the fields display-only. i have made a transaction variant and a screen variant for that transaction variant. in the screen variant, i have marked the fields as display-only. but it is not getting reflected in the output.

i m using ecc 6.0

do i need to activate the screen variant. if yes, pls tell me how to do that because i cannot see any option for same on the screen.

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Under standard variants, you will find something called standard vaiants tab, where you have to activate your specified name.

Regards

Eswar

0 Kudos

hi eswar,

by doing that, the variant is set for the transaction PV12 itself. so whenever PV12 is executed, that variant will be used. but i want that variant to be used only on execution of the "call transaction" line in the report. all the other times PV12 should not use the created variant.