Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChangePointers for T* tables (Configuration Tables)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a record is inserted/deleted/updated in the T* table (Like T179),Will there any change pointer generated for these tables.

If change pointer gets generated,where is it stored?

Regards

Srinivas

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to configure the change pointers.

Change pointers are R/3 objects that mark changes to SAP master data.

Change pointers are managed by mechanisms in a Shared Master Data (SMD) tool and are based on Change Document (CD) objects.

CD objects record the changes occurring to master data at a field level. These changes are stored in tables CDHDR (header table) and CDPOS (detail table).

ALE configuration provides a link between CD objects and change pointers. Internal mechanisms update tables BDCP and BDCPS, which host the change pointers.

While CD objects are application-data-specific, the processing status of change pointers is message-type-specific. Also, the ALE change pointers are activated first at a general level and then at the message-type level.

Regards

Neha

0 Kudos

I know the configuration of change pointers.

But i want to know, can we generate change pointers for T* tables?If so what is the messsagetype,and where they are stored?

Thanks

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi

Change pointer are used for Master data distribution and as per my knowledge it is not possible to use them for T* (configuration table).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/12/83e03c19758e71e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved on my own