Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the standard table name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

Can we create the alias of MARA such that when user will check in data dictionary it will show MARA as MATERIAL but the program associated to MARA should not be changed.

Now If I change the entry MARA in DD02L table then every program associated with it should be changed. So I have to create an alias of MARA.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

you can copy one standard table to another ztable but you cant copy to a name which is not starts with z or y.

try to copy the mara to a given name starts with z and see the difference.

Thanks

mrutyun^

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

you can copy one standard table to another ztable but you cant copy to a name which is not starts with z or y.

try to copy the mara to a given name starts with z and see the difference.

Thanks

mrutyun^

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , we can copy the standard table mara as alais just by copying it to the zmara, it works like alias table .Try this.

Regards,

Sana.

former_member188827
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

even if u copy a transparent table into another, its data wont be copied to new table and i think it wont serve the purpose...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response but I dont want to copy the table ... Only I want to change the table name... But Misbah I cant get you because if I copy MARA to ZMARA only the structure of mara will be copied not the data. and then how it will be acting as alias ? Because it will create a new table ZMARA.

with best regards

0 Kudos

Let me simplify my question . I want to change table name MARA to MATERIAL . i.e. when any one is viewing from abap dictionary he/she has to see the table name MATERIAL and all the values it contains(i.e. Whatever value is in MARA). But I dont want to change any standard program which contains the table MARA updation.

With best regards

0 Kudos

Hi ,

You Can copy the table but definetly it will not serve your purpose. the table MARA is standard table and used in Many progrm which you can't change. Actually your concept is wrong why you want to change the name of standard table.

I thinkg you have not descrive your problem well. Please Describe clearly. It is not recommanded to change the table name of standard table of SAP.

Regards

Swati..

0 Kudos

Thanks for replying but my question is , to increase the readability I want to show MARA as MATERIAL when any one is trying to see the contents of MARA through t.code SE11 or SE16. Is this possible in SAP?

N.B. I dont want to copy the structure of MARA and dont want to change any standard program which is using the table MARA.

With best regards

jack_graus2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, you can create a view (SE11, view) ZMARA for table MARA and include some or all MARA fields in your view, You can rename the fields in your view. When maintaining this view it will show your field names and the MAR field will be updated. But this will NOT change anything in the standard MARA table.

regards Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ABAP Learner,

The aliasing that you have mentioned will work only in case of an inner join when you create one for the same table. However, if you want to hide the table name and show its description, it would not be possible.

Best Regards,

Rajesh.

Please reward points if found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes u can work by copying it with the name space starting with Y or Z.

Reward points if useful.

Regards,

Shilpi Mittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Happy new year to all...

Thanks for replying , making a View of MARA is a good idea and some how its helpful for me.

But my question is can we create the alias of MARA (like we are creating in inner join)? Is this possible in SAP?

With best regards

0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable answers...

From your answers what can I understand is...

Either we can create a copy of the table or making a View of the table with customer namespaces. But we can not create any alias in SAP as per my requirement because Alias is only supported for ABAP programming(like in innerjoin).

Is that correct thing ? Please clarify me...

0 Kudos

Friend,

Yes...you are true....

The one way which i found for you....

If you have SQL Studio access, then you can use the Catalog manager....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ad/99008beaf111d4aa2800a0c9430730/frameset.htm

0 Kudos

Thanks for help... But it seems to me this is a third party tool. I am not sure how to get it? Whether we have to buy it or any other way is there?

With best regards