Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Standard SAP menu : How to catch the transaction code!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have added a menu item 'More Help' to the standard SAP menu 'Help' which should navigate to URLs for the respective transactions. Suppose i am in transaction FB03 and click the 'More Help' menu, it should navigate to the URL mentioned in a table.

My Problem is I have created a transaction for that menu item 'zhelp' which calls a program and when i am clicking the 'more help' tab , the original value of sy-tcode which should be FB03 is replaced with the new Transaction which is used for the menu item i.e. 'zhelp'. Because of this i am not able to retrieve my value from the table corresponding to the transaction FB03.

Is there any other system field which stores the value of transaction FB03 aftter navigating to other transaction? How should i go ahead with this? Please help!!

Edited by: Rojalin Priyadarshiny on Sep 10, 2009 3:45 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi,

I really dont know in how many standard transactions you have added the More Help option.

If you hav added only in 2 to 3 transactions then you can think on using the below Logic.

Say if u have added in FB01, FB02 and FB03 transaction.

Find one exit for each transaction, in the exit EXPORT TCODE ( EX: FB01 ) to memory.

In your Ztransaction report IMPORT the TCODE from memory.

Now u will get FB01 after inmport statement and u can make use of this.

If the option is added in many transactions , you have to think again in using the above logic as it involves identification of many Exits.

Regards,

Sravan

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

Hi,

I really dont know in how many standard transactions you have added the More Help option.

If you hav added only in 2 to 3 transactions then you can think on using the below Logic.

Say if u have added in FB01, FB02 and FB03 transaction.

Find one exit for each transaction, in the exit EXPORT TCODE ( EX: FB01 ) to memory.

In your Ztransaction report IMPORT the TCODE from memory.

Now u will get FB01 after inmport statement and u can make use of this.

If the option is added in many transactions , you have to think again in using the above logic as it involves identification of many Exits.

Regards,

Sravan

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

This menu is to used in all transactions which will give an overview about the transaction's functions. So I need to fetch the transaction code to retrieve its help URL from a table.

So how should i go ahead with these requirement? And enhancement possible in the function module Help_start?

Regards,

Rojalin.