Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing Scanned Label data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to capture the scanned label, parse it and populate the data into the respective fields of the table control. The label format can be of two types: 1. It can be the combination of Material, Batch and Quantity or 2. It can be only SSCC#.

Process: A popup window will be appeared for scanning the label. When a label is scanned the data(text) is populated into the text field with format <MATNR>|<BATCH>|<QTY> OR <SSCC#> then the data is parsed and populated to the table control of the main screen.

My question here is: When anything is scanned, will PAI triggers automatically or not? If doesn't trigger then how to handle it with in SAP(ABAP)?

Could anyone please help me to solve this.

Thanks,

Murali.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue got solved. Scanning gun will be programmed to trigger the PAI (an enter) once the scanned data is scanned into a desired field. Suppress dialog is used for parsing immediately after the scanning is done.

Thanks,

Murali.