Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot save layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the FI team is using transaction FTWF the Data Extract Browser but when he tries to save layout the save tab is grayed out.

I have checked for the authorization object and he has the access for auth obj S_ALV_LAYO act : 23 and F_IT_ALV act : *

Can anyone please help.

Thanks.

Abhishek

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does he/she get an auth error message when they run SU53?

When you run a trace are there any failed auths?

Have other users confirmed that they can do this?

0 Kudos

Hi ,

The SU53 screen shows all authorization check successfull and there is no failure while running trace .

The user who is running this task is sole administrator for the DART administration.

0 Kudos

OK, if the users logs into a non-prod system with SAP_ALL, can they do this? If they can't then I am not so sure that it is authorisation related

I've had a closer look at this, it seems that the DART extracts are saved in views (see OSS notes 945615, 953869). It is feasible that the views are not intended to be changed, hence restricting the ability to change the layout of a view. I do not know if views can be customised, or custom versions created.

Edited by: Alex Ayers on Sep 1, 2009 5:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

To check if this is an authorization issue give value * for the authorization object and check if that makes the save button enabled. If enabled you can run security trace to find the exact values required.

If not enabled plz. get his checked with an abaper as this could be something not related to authorizations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does user has a COPY option when he tries to change the layout.

If user is able to copy then go to setting-> layout -> saving and try to save .

then in settings->layout->administartion

User should be able to save this as default layout.

Experts, please correct me if iam wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the user has the value 61 for the object S_GUI

0 Kudos

Yes the user has access to activity 61 under object S_GUI