Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot copy transport content to new transport order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey community,

I´m trying to copy the content of a transport request to another. To do this I would like to use the function module TMW_COPY_TO_TARGET_REQUEST.

The Problem is my source transport request. This comes from a file which I have to import into the system first. At the moment I do this by calling the FMs TMS_MGR_FORWARD_TR_REQUEST and TMS_MGR_IMPORT_TR_REQUEST. Up to this point everything seems to work fine.

After this I create a new transport request within my crm ticket by using an instance of cl_ai_crm_action_utility. This also works without any problems.

In the end I try to copy the content of the imported transport request. But this fails, because the system isn't able to get the object list of my imported transport from tables e070, e071 etc.

Do I somehow need to register the transport to the system any further, so that the system will create entries in the tables e070, e071 etc. or is there any other way to solve my problem?

It would be very nice if someone could give me a hint on this.

Regards,

Philipp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vigneshyeram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Philipp,

Are you trying to copy the contents of one Tranport request to another Transport request?
IF yes you can create a CR first then please go to SE09 with new CR then there is a button called as Include Objects which is next to delete button.please click on that a pop-up will be raised which Five radio buttons:-

1) Object List from request.

2) Object Lists from Multiple Requests

3) Freely selected Objects

4) Transportable Classifications of Objects in request

5) Non-Abap Object.

You can choose 1st Option.

Hope it helps you.

Please let me know your feedback.

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh Yeram

1 REPLY 1

vigneshyeram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Philipp,

Are you trying to copy the contents of one Tranport request to another Transport request?
IF yes you can create a CR first then please go to SE09 with new CR then there is a button called as Include Objects which is next to delete button.please click on that a pop-up will be raised which Five radio buttons:-

1) Object List from request.

2) Object Lists from Multiple Requests

3) Freely selected Objects

4) Transportable Classifications of Objects in request

5) Non-Abap Object.

You can choose 1st Option.

Hope it helps you.

Please let me know your feedback.

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh Yeram