Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we store a file in data base table.

nishanthbhandar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can we store a file into a data base table with respect to a field.

The file might be of any type. If yes please help me out

how to do it.

Thanks

Nishanth

6 REPLIES 6

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This question has been ask this morning.

Please make a little search before asking question

Regards

Frédéric

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I guess, if you really have to. I think the best solution would be to store it on the application server. To store on db, create a db table with a flat structure, with client and a field which is like 1000 characters long. Now you can bring in the data from the file and update this database table.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhandar,

Storing the file on the Application server is a good idea as long as you know the number of files coming in the process. If the files are more in number they may occupy a lot of space in the Application server which is not adivisable.

Try to convert the file in to a standard text and then read the standard text to retrieve the data when required.

Look in to the transaction SE78 to get a feel of how to convert to Standard text and retrieve back.

I never tried this though but thought this might be helpful.

Regards,

Gangavaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think if it is a requirement to access the file frequently, we can store the file in ABAP editor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishanth,

I did save files(any type) into DB server(MaxDB) using Java.

Check them below, Hope you get some logic for the same.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/u/31132 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Let me know if that helped you.

Thanks & Regards,

Kathir~

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this.May be this can help you.