Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we assign lock object at table level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know is it possible to assign the lock object at table level..I know the function modules generated once you created the lock object.

We can call the lock modules in our program to lock the table. but instead of calling the function modules, is it possible to assign them at table level.

I wonder how its possible. please let me know any one tried this.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If its through SM30, then search in SCN for more details. If you expect it through SE11 or SE16, then its not required because its generally used to display data and not edit data.

If this doesn't satisfy then provide more details of what you are expecting.

2 REPLIES 2

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If its through SM30, then search in SCN for more details. If you expect it through SE11 or SE16, then its not required because its generally used to display data and not edit data.

If this doesn't satisfy then provide more details of what you are expecting.

kumud
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the question is, can a table be locked via some settings in SE11 for the table, I don't think we have that option. Neither can we assign lock objects to tables. However, as you said lock objects can be created and then the FMs can be called to lock the table in a program. Moreover, entries created from SM30 anyways, does not allow multiple users to change the contents simultaneously.

Lock objects are usually created to prevent multiple users from changing the contents of a table or likewise depending on the lock mode. Why do you want to lock especially at table properties?

Regards,

Kumud