Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we apply Filters on every columns in ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i place a filter on some columns in my ALV report, its not working properly. I am getting blank grid even if there is some data with that filter. I wonder can we apply filters on any column in ALV grid or shall i have to add some thing in my field catalog for those columns. I have the same field catalog options for all the columns in the report.

Thanks in Advance

Edited by: ben on Jan 7, 2009 11:55 PM

4 REPLIES 4

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are already some posts about this kind of problem, you'll get lots of infos. Be also aware that there were some sap corrections for some types of fields (numeric especially if I remember well), search for these ones.

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI Ben

check the case sensitivity of the data element you are using filters for.... By default the data will be converted to Uppercase and compared when you use filters in ALV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Refer to this link...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I added to that column fieldcatalog as lowecase = 'X' and it worked fyne as the filter search is doing in Upper case and Data is in lower case this solved my problem

Thanks for immediate replies