Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create development class

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SE80 when I try to create Z dev.class I get message

"Names of dev. classes in D46 must begin with A-R,

T-X, $ or namesp. prefx" - TR 438.

Is it a SAP basis problem or what. I also see in system some Z* clases?!

thx

6 REPLIES 6

former_member480923
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please take a look at this

Development class begins with A-S or U-X:

These classes are for SAP standard objects. Customer objects cannot be created in them. Changes to objects of these classes are recorded by the Transport Organizer (Request management) and can be transported (s. field transport layer.

Development class begins with Y or Z:

Customer objects can be created in such classes. Changes to objects in these classes are recorded by the Transport Organizer (Request management). The objects can be transported to other SAP Systems (see the field transport layer).

Development class begins with T (private test class):

When such a class is created, you can specify whether you want changes to be recorded. If so, objects that are edited are recorded in local requests by the Transport Organizer. This class does

not belong to a transport layer. Objects can only transported to other SAP Systems if a transport request is created.

Development class begins with $ (local class):

Changes to objects are not recorded by the Transport Organizer. The class does not belong to a transport layer. The objects cannot be transported.

Development class begins with a namespace prefix:

If you have reserved a namespace, then you can create development classes (and other objects) whose names begin with the namespace prefix.

(Example of a namespace prefix /COMPANY/, example of a corresponding development class /COMPANY/DEVCLASS)

Changes to these development classes are recorded by the Transport Organizer, and can be transported.

Hope This Helps

Anirban

0 Kudos

Hi, Simple way is GOTO to Tcode SE21, enter a package name(in customer namespace Y/Z), click on create-enter the short descriptions, Give Software component has HOME(For customer developments), enter the transport layer, click on create, you get a popup window, where u need to say create request, a new request number will be created, u can give the user names under that request number(CRN) and click on save.

0 Kudos

sorry but ther is no TC SE21, system is 4.6 C, i know old one......any other idea?

thx

0 Kudos

ok, I tried on another 4.7 system so I know what kind of transaction is this. I mena tried the same on 4.6 but I constantly get this message.....

0 Kudos

Hi

As per my posting check your BASIS setting and check if they have installed any namespace prefix in the Creation of DEV class if they have then you have to use them.

Hoep This Helps

Anirban

0 Kudos

do the same thing in SE80.

Regards

Prabhu