Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus........

in bdc- call transaction , if i run the bdc program the error recods should be taken to bdcmsgcoll and the correct records should be updated with out any user interaction.

which type of MODE and UPDATE should i use for this? is ter any relationship between these two?

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you press F1 on call transaction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

mode N

Update A/S/L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after correcting the error records ,for the same process we have upload the records,using call transaction.

in MODE generally A/E/N are there if u wantto run the call transaction in all screen mode choose 'A' means display each screen.

if u go to 'E' mode only error records are display and if u run in 'N' mode it is like back ground method every thing is done in back ground.

in update S/A/L 3 methods are using.

regards,

Madhu

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use MODE N and UPDATE A

Cheers,

Hakim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mode:

A : Display each screen like running in foreground.

E: Shows Once it faces Error Message on screen.

N: Collects errors in BDCMESSColl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using Update A: Asynchronous Immedaite Posting

S: Synchronous Request-Reply Cycle.

0 Kudos

hi gurus.......

Thanks for ur repies... But consider this situation , if I update 100 records and the 50th record is error ,

with call transaction MODE A , i can modify the error online itself ,so no use of bdcmsgcoll

with call transaction MODE E , i can also modify the error online itself , so again no use of bdcmsgcoll

with call transaction MODE N , only 49 records are updated correctly and after 50 nothig happens , so wen these r the situations, y do we go for BDCMSGCOLL

0 Kudos

hi,

By using Call transaction method you will get BDC error log but Call transaction method will work upto error record if you get error at 50th record it will stop there only.

if you want run all the records(100) better go by session method, it will not stop you . it will process upto 100th record.

Regards,

Arjun.

0 Kudos

Hi,

use mode 'N' and check sy-subrc and BDCMSGCOLL.

If there was an error in the transaction, subrc is gt 0 and/or BDCMSGCOLL contains an E-message.

So, if there was an error in the transaction, put your BDCDATA in an batch-input-session.

--> you will not loose data and the transactions can manually be corrected after your report.

kind regards, Kathrin!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u can modify the record and upload the record in same process,and the mode is used for user interaction ,if u want to run in back ground\errors\forground,and u r mention 50th record is error.

once u run the program u know the particular record error ,if u want to find the error records u will use the bdcmsgcoll,error records are stored in bdcmsgcoll .

in requirment lacs of record are there for uploading it is difficult to rectify each record.

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use MODE A/N/E and Update A.

If you use Mode A then you have to proccess one by one.Base on requirement you have to select.

Regards

Md.MahaboobKhan