Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALL transaction..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My eequirement is to ..

disply output in an ALV list (List display).. Place cursor on a row and select a button(defined in GUI status) from the application tool bar..

This must take U to the CA98 transaction(initial screen) with the filled-in field values. Then user will do some thing in this transaction..

When BACK button is pressed (in CA98), U must come back to the ALV list (from where U called the transaction CA98.)

I tried this in 3 different ways..

1. BDC (Populated the first screen fields and called transaction using bdcdata)

2. SUBMIT report..with parameter values..AND return.

3. SET parameter IDs and CALL transaction ca98.

In either of the ways, I could able to call the transaction CA98 successfully with filled in fields values.. I am getting the initial screen of the transaction. From here if I click on BACK button, I am getting back to ALV list disply. Perfect.

But..After getting the initial screen in CA98, if I do some operations in it (say..F8), and then I click on BACK button in this transaction, I am not going back to the ALV list. This is my problem. I must go back to ALV list when I click on BACK button in CA98 transaction.

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when u want to go to ca9u use

submit RCPREDE2 and return .

should work.

Regards,

Hardik

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when u want to go to ca9u use

submit RCPREDE2 and return .

should work.

Regards,

Hardik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

After executing TC CA98 if you enter BACK button you will come back to CA98 initial screen. If you press again the BACK button you will come to the ALV output.

Have you tried this?

Susanth

0 Kudos

Hi Susanth..

Thanks for the reply.

I tried it .. Normally (when clicked on CONTINUE on second screen - popup screen ) it is working fine. But when we clicked on CANCEL button in the second screen (Popup screen), it is coming out of the execution. I dont know how to handle this ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Can you send me the sample code of ur BDC PROGRAM , since i am also dealing with similar issue as of urs.

i would appreciate if you can send ur code.

Thx

Rag