Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call Transaction or session method ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am given Functional specs for which i need to use BDC,but how shld i decide wether it shld be session method or camm transaction ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can decide based on the data volume that your BDC is processing. If data volume is high go for session else call transaction will do.The call transaction updates will be instantaneous where as session needs to be processed explictly after creation.

you can do it both manually and by using program RSBDCSUB.

Hope this helps.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the volume of data is high go for SESSION otherwisw use call transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can decide based on the data volume that your BDC is processing. If data volume is high go for session else call transaction will do.The call transaction updates will be instantaneous where as session needs to be processed explictly after creation.

you can do it both manually and by using program RSBDCSUB.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can go for any method..

Njoy SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask the functional consultant regading the volume of data, if it's high go for Session method, else go for Call transaction method.

Regards,

Prakash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A good practice is to use call transaction but use BDC session for when there is an error in the record.

i.e call transaction..

if sy-subrc ne 0.

perform form_bdc_session.

endif.

This method is quicker, you can capture errors and deal with them in a BDC session later.

Hope this helps.

Volume of data also needs to be checked.

sz

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Geetha,

First use the CALL TRANSACTION. If it errors out then use the BDC session method so that user can execute it online and rectify the errors.

--Santosh