Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALL TRANSACTION - not returning error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I try to: 'CALL TRANSACTION 'CJ88' USING gt_bdc MODE 'E' UPDATE 'S' MESSAGES INTO l_mes'. But l_mes not returning an error message. In fact error message is shown in popup window in CJ88 but in code I have no information that something went wrong. How can I get this message from this popup window? Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Pawel Smuda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

This is a pretty difficult situation that is hard to overcome. If the messages are shown in a popup rather than being returned in the message table, the only solution I know of is to simulate the logic of the program that creates the popup before calling the transaction and creating your own message.

Rob

9 REPLIES 9

laurent_fournier2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Change the mode from 'E' to 'N'.

Regards.

former_member186055
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Smuda,

MODE 'E' means it'll stop the transaction when the error massage occured while calling transaction. I think, message which occured is type may be E(error) and it is displayed like I(Information), then it may happen.

MESSAGE E001(AA) with lv_msgv1 lv_msgv2 lv_msgv3 DISPLAY LIKE 'I'.

Regards,

Surya...SuryaPraveen

0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

In the table i_mes  you will have the MESSAGE TYPE, MESSADE Id and not the Message text. For the text you have to use the FM: MESSAGE_GET_TEXT.

Regards,

Raj..

former_member186055
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Smuda,

If you call the transaction in ERROR mode (E), then transaction is processed only when you corrected value(lead to error values). then there is no error message is raised after complete execution of the transaction. then there is no use adding of MESSAGES INTO l_mes to the call transaction. MESSAGES INTO l_mes is only works in mode N, display all screens. Message internal table is not filled in both E & A MODEs.

Regards,

Surya...SuryaPraveen

Former Member

This is a pretty difficult situation that is hard to overcome. If the messages are shown in a popup rather than being returned in the message table, the only solution I know of is to simulate the logic of the program that creates the popup before calling the transaction and creating your own message.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

you are right, and 'CJ88' dosen't work in the background. I will try to use a BAPI instead of CALL TRANSACTION.

Regards

Pawel

0 Kudos

See note 123726.

Rob

0 Kudos

Thanks Rob.

0 Kudos

I am also struck in same scenario. Can you elaborate in detail?