Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call a login function

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a program that acts like a login, pops a window that's asking for a username and password.

Now I want to make it a function and call it in any program that I want. Then if the credentials are ok I will let them save the changes for example and if not they will be blocked.

How do I do this?

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrain,

CReate a FM and define a screen in the FM main program to accept the users logon details.

You can call a screen within a FM.

Take a loook at the FM <b>"SSFH_PASSWORD_PROMPT"</b>

There are many FM for password. DO a F4 in se37 with PASSWORD

Cheers

VJ

Message was edited by: Vijayendra Rao

0 Kudos

VJ,

I already have a program that validates the user, zlogin. I created a customer dbase where I put the user names and password. It's all working except that I want other programs to call the program that I created.

If they are authorized then they can save the changes they make and if not, they will be blocked.

0 Kudos

Adrain,

write a simple FM and try submitting ur program from within this FM.

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

I'll try to create function module and test it. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Now how do I crete a pop-up screen in function module? The selection-screen doesn't work.

I should be able to ask for their username and password.

0 Kudos

Hi Adrain,

You will need to create a new screen and create the screen as MODEL DIALOG for popup.

You can check the above FM how they have defined the screen and see how they are calling it.

You will have to write few lines extra to achieve what u want.

Cheers

VJ