Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Integrated Planning Security on Key Figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with one of the business requirement on Integrated Planning. The Client requires one of the columns in a planning query be input enabled for few users and display only for the rest. The column is a key figure. I tried creating two analysis authorizations one with key figure display access and the other with key figure display and change. The one with display and change works fine, but the one with only display gives an authorization error and does not even display anything. The log is failing on 02 access for that key figure, but my requirement is to just display for some users. Can you let me know how I can achieve this? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Durga

3 REPLIES 3

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sri Durga,

SAP documentation mentions similar scenario but opposite results as encountered by you. I don't have access to actual documentation but only my notes but it may be helpful. Scenario is that user has two AA, one with Display and second with Display & Change. But the variable is of type authorization which fails because of missing change authorizations, but query would not fail completely but switch to display mode (this is opposite to what you are encountering). The suggested solution is refine filtering with variable of type customer-exit which reads the entire authorization information and filters the characteristic based on the activity. Here the difference is that the example is for characteristic where as you are dealing with key figures. 

Regards,

Shivraj

0 Kudos

Hi Shivraj,

Ya...May be it is the key figure thing that is causing the issue as the developer has informed me that they cannot make or put an auth. variable on key figure and if they do that somehow by using a formula, it can only be display only (never input enabled). I opened a message with SAP, but in the meanwhile any ideas are welcome.

The last rescue is creating two different queries which is obviously inefficient way of achieving this.

Thanks,

Durga

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be it is the key figure thing that is causing the issue as the developer has informed me that they cannot make or put an auth. variable on key figure and if they do that somehow by using a formula, it can only be display only (never input enabled). I opened a message with SAP, but in the meanwhile any ideas are welcome.

The last rescue is creating two different queries which is obviously inefficient way of achieving this.

Thanks,

Durga