Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

break point in a program

Former Member
0 Kudos

i kept a break point in a user exit with the statement

BREAK-POINT.

but the control is not stopping there , i am not testing it so didnt give it as user specific . what might be the mistake ? is it not the proper user exit , i have created a project and activated it . i have activated include and all .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

to check wheather thats the right exit. you can put a break point in the function module that has the ZX include and check if the control goes there.

if the control goes there then thats the right exit.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Deepthi,

Try keeping a soft break point .... and also look whether it is passing through all the conditions to reach this break point ..

Regards,

Santosh

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try this.

BREAK <your user ID logon>.

and also perhaps the user exits does not get called due to some condition does not meet.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The userexit which ur testing may not be right exit,thats why its not stopping there.So try to put some more breakpoints before the userexit and check if the control stops at those breakpoints.Also check if any conditions are there before the userexit call.

Regards,

nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

to check wheather thats the right exit. you can put a break point in the function module that has the ZX include and check if the control goes there.

if the control goes there then thats the right exit.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

When you start transation in which you have put a break point, start debugging on(\h). add break-point at statement CALL CUSTOMER-FUNCTION.

keep on pressing F7. You may reach to your exit if it come in way of executing you process.

Could you mention for which functionality you have created using user exit, it will more easy to provde help.

Regards,

Amit R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

there are 2 possibilities for not triggering the breakpoint in the userexit.

1. that exit may not be suitable for that transaction from where you are running

2. you should not put break-point. you should write: break <userid (SAPLOGON)>

Thanks,

Murali

0 Kudos

I got it corrected , its an user exit in SCM called from R/3 so lot of issues in that and got it solved.