Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP_EVENT_RAISE Example

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

How to use this FM what should i pass in Event ID ? i passed z Program in that but its not working...

can anyone help me out in this issue?

THanks in Advance

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trigger an event in the background processing system. This function module is for use in programs written in ABAP/4. Triggering an event tells the background processing system to start any background jobs that were scheduled to wait for the event.

You can trigger an event with or without an event argument, a string that more precisely identifies an event. Jobs can be scheduled to wait for an event for the combination of event and a particular event argument.

Hope you understand.

0 Kudos

hi

can u just provide me an example

0 Kudos

hi

i understood the FM but i want to what should i pass in event id and event parameter how should i relate it to the pgm .. where should i declare the event Plz Provide me with an example..I will be so thankful to u..

i went thro FM Documentation But i am not able to find it

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am triyng diff method

0 Kudos

Hello Hema,

Here is an example for the FM you are trying to use. Let me know if you have any questions!

All the best

Use function module BP_EVENT_RAISE to trigger an event from an ABAP program.

Example

• Report processing before triggering event...

• Trigger event to start background jobs waiting for the event.

DATA: EVENTID LIKE TBTCJOB-EVENTID.

DATA: EVENTPARM LIKE TBTCJOB-EVENTPARM.

EVENTID = 'SP_TEST_EVENT'. " Event name must be defined

" with transaction SM62.

EVENTPARM = 'EVENT1'. " Optional: a job can be

" scheduled to wait for an

" EVENTID or combination of

" EVENTID and EVENTPARM.

CALL FUNCTION 'BP_EVENT_RAISE' " Event is triggered. Jobs

EXPORTING " waiting for event will be

EVENTID = EVENTID " started.

EVENTPARM = EVENTPARM

TARGET_INSTANCE = u2018 u2018 " Instance at which an event

" should be processed. Can

" generally be omitted.

EXCEPTIONS OTHERS = 1. " Exceptions include event not

" defined, no EVENTID

" exported, etc.

0 Kudos

Hi I'm working on same issue. Here I want to schedule a predefined time point for bex broadcasting. I need to run tihis for after Ievery fisc quarter wed day...I created an event in SM62 and wrote the logic in ABAP

CALL FUNCTION 'BP_EVENT_RAISE'

EXPORTING

EVENTID = 'FISC'

Now in order to trigger this event after each fisc quarter do I need to run something or write some code ? If so do I need to write the code in same ABAP coding above ? Also Do I need to include this program in process chain again ?Please advice..