Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC URGENT REQUIREMENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario 1: I am uploading 1000 records using session method. I have an error in 950th record. What will happen and howmany records will upload? Scenario 2: I am uploading 1000 records using Call Transaction method. I have an error in 950th record. What will happen and howmany records will upload?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. except tht 950 th record all others will be uploaded,u can chck that error record in sm35,reprocess it and upload.

2.except tht 950 th record all others will be uploaded,u can chck that error record in internal table u gav using bdcmsgcoll structure ,correct the data for tht record and upload tht record again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raviteja,

{Scenario 1: I am uploading 1000 records using session method. I have an error in 950th record. What will happen and howmany records will upload? }

Sol : When you use Session method, the error handling is taken care by SAP itself.

In your case, all the records, except the 950th record are processed. You can go to SM35, and there you can find the group name , and then do further process for uploading your data. The error record of the concerned group can be found, by displaying the ERROR LOG in SM35 itself.

{Scenario 2: I am uploading 1000 records using Call Transaction method. I have an error in 950th record. What will happen and howmany records will upload?}

Sol : When you use Call Transaction method, the error handling should be explicitly taken care.

If you need to know the whereabouts of the error occurence, you need to handle it in coding itself using the standard structure BDCMSGCOLL to catch the error message and take care of it in your coding itself.

In your case, When you handle the errors explicitly, all the other records except the 950th record are succesfully processed and uploaded.

Hope this is helpful to you. If you need further information, revert back.

Reward all the helpful answers.

Regards

Nagaraj T