Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC Rrcording (SHDB) for VL02n transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Need some help with the SHDB recording of outbound delivery (VL02N).

1. I have a SAP ECC 6.0 system (No EHP applied) and

2. a SAP ECC 6.0 EHP7 system

on which i am trying to do the below .

1. Run the t code SHDB

2.Click on new recording

3. enter the recording name and transaction code (VL02N) and also select the Default size check box.

4.start the recording.

5. then enter a valid outbound delivery and press enter which will show the outbound delivery and its items (in table control).

Here is my question.

1. How many line items you can see in SAP ECC 6.0 system on one page of table control , 7 or 8 ?

2. How many line items you can see in SAP ECC 6.0 EHP7 system on one page of table control, 7 or 8 ?

Thanks,

Gejo john

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member809980
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

BAPI's are used for Enjoy Transactions.

Enjoy transactions : transaction code which is followed by "N' are enjoy transactions eg ME23N, VL02N ETC

for such Tcode Batch input and BDC is not recommended.

THANKS

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one having SAP ECC 6.0 System, please try this and let me know how many line item they can see in a page of table control. Its urgent.

0 Kudos

VL02N and Batch Input?

Batch input for Enjoy transaction are "usually" not possible.

BAPIs are recommended for Enjoy Transactions.

0 Kudos

yes i know BAPI s are always recommended, but its this Function module is written long back with VL02N recording, so need to fix the same.

0 Kudos

8 LINE ITEM

former_member190578
Participant
0 Kudos

Here is my question.

1. How many line items you can see in SAP ECC 6.0 system on one page of table control , 7 or 8 ?

2. How many line items you can see in SAP ECC 6.0 EHP7 system on one page of table control, 7 or 8 ?

The proof is in the pudding.

Try 6.. if it works use 6, if not try 7.

Try 7.. if it works use 7, if not try 8.

Try 8 ... if it works use 8, if not try 9....

and so on and so on.

But why do you need a new recording if there is an exist and working old function module?

How did it work in the past?

0 Kudos

BDC is recorded in SAP ECC 6.0 system (only 8 lines were visible) and it was working for all higher versions till EHP6, when on EHP7 suddenly we started seeing 7 lines. which makes BDC not working in EHP7 system (updating wrong line item)

0 Kudos

Number of lines can change in version.

Try one of:

- Use button "Place cursor"  (=POPO_T) to set cursor on position You want to change. This make BTC sequence bit complicated, but program will not depend on number of rows in screen.

- Use transction VL02 (without "N").

Regards,

Jarek

former_member809980
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

BAPI's are used for Enjoy Transactions.

Enjoy transactions : transaction code which is followed by "N' are enjoy transactions eg ME23N, VL02N ETC

for such Tcode Batch input and BDC is not recommended.

THANKS

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for help.

former_member190578
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.