Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC is not working as background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have developed a program which contain BDC of FB75 with mode 'E' . I have Schedule this program as background by FM 'JOB OPEN' , Submit statement and 'JOB CLOSE'. My problem is when i run this program as background BDC is not working.

What is the solution of this problem?

Thanks

Avadhesh

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please specify what error are you getting when executed in background?

You can use teh call transaction method in background mode to execute it in background.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

display mode E means to display the error to the user so that the user can decide what to do, how should this be possible in batch?

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hey Error mode will give you no batch input error. always use N for Call transaction in background jobs. And if you are using session method then you can submit a session by RSBDCBTC program. hope this Helps.

Regards,

Bhargav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avadhesh,

if FB75 is doing a commit work, then, your batch job will finish with error at the time of BDC execution.

Try to add the option parameter type CTU_PARAMS to the CALL TRANSACTION with field RACOMMIT = 'X'.

DATA opt TYPE ctu_params.

opt-RACOMMIT = 'X'.

CALL TRANSACTION 'FB75' USING bdcdata_tab OPTIONS FROM opt.

Regards.

koolspy_ultimate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mode E

doesnt work for batch input in background

try

mode N

if you wish to use in background.