Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC_Insert_Session Not Open Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using a Call transaction to execute a BDC update. The program sometimes gives an error saying <b>"BDC_INSERT_SESSION not open"</b>.

I have checked everything but cannot determine what is causing this error. Sometimes it gives this error and sometimes it runs just fine.

Can somebody help me?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to check the value of sy-subrc after BDC_OPEN_GROUP function call.

Cheers,

Sanjeev

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not using BDC_OPEN_GROUP because I am already using the CALL TRANSACTION method.

It doesnt give any sy-subrc - when CALL TRANSACTION runs, the error comes immediately.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Are you sure u r not using the BDC_OPEN_GROUP in your code....otherwise i can't see a possibility for a session not open error.

However, if u say that the behaviour is inconsistent and sometimes your program runs fine....(not very sure) but just try to find out if the number of internal sessions have reached a maximum limit. I say this because call transaction opens a new internal session while retaining the session of the calling program.

just check this out....

if u can paste your code here then it will be a bit easier to point out the problem.

regards,

PJ

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

i think the problem is with the

the session name.

give prarameters KEEP = 'x' in the BDC program under

BDC_OPEN_GROUP fm. think it will work.

or Do one thing, record the screen events by using SHDB, which generates source code for you BDC program.

modify the source code accordingly.

regards,

prasad.