Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC Commit work problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am checking one BDC for posting document in tcode F-32. The message "Document posted" has been called after the "Commit work and wait" statement (SAP Std report statement). But when I execute the transaction BDC not going forward after the "Commit work" statement, it not executing the code. It is working fine in development system but not working in quality.

Can anybody tell me why it is happening??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's a frequent issue. Is the BDC done via a batch input session (SM35) or via a CALL TRANSACTION in a custom ABAP program?

In the second case, you may run it with "OPTIONS FROM" keyword followed by a structure with component RACOMMIT (continue after commit) to be set to 'X'.

11 REPLIES 11

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's a frequent issue. Is the BDC done via a batch input session (SM35) or via a CALL TRANSACTION in a custom ABAP program?

In the second case, you may run it with "OPTIONS FROM" keyword followed by a structure with component RACOMMIT (continue after commit) to be set to 'X'.

0 Kudos

I am using CALL TRANSACTION method. I am not using "options from" keyword.

0 Kudos

Do use "options from" keyword -> more information in the ABAP documentation.

0 Kudos

I used " options from" but still it dint work.

0 Kudos

Based on your initial assumption <not going forward after the "Commit work" statement>, I assumed you did a debug step by step, so you probably noticed that after the commit work, SAP did jump right after your CALL TRANSACTION. The only case this situation may arise is the consequence of using CALL TRANSACTION without RACOMMIT = 'X'. Could you post your modified code, just to make sure you did it correctly, please?

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

It worked with "options with". I dint activate the FM after I changed the code(my mistake the previous time). Thanks a ton!

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But I have no idea why it works in development.

0 Kudos

"SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT" this FM is not getting called in Dev system. The customer configured it in quality and not in Dev.

pranay570708
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sravani,

The problem  might be with authorizaion on the BATCH userid  that is used to run the job in the production system. The batch userid will have the correct authority to perform updates in  the development  that's why it works there.

0 Kudos

Can we change the batch user id. Actually the commit statement is inside "SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT". if yes, what is the right way to resolve the issue?

0 Kudos

Instead of changing batch user id, ask your BASIS team to provide necessary authorization to batch user id same as development system.