Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bdc as91

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I was making a BDC for asset upload.

I have checked my itab throughly, but still i need you guys to take a look at a part of it.

data : begin of itab occurs 0,

ANBTR01x like RALT_DYNP_STRUC-ANBTR01,

ANBTR01y like RALT_DYNP_STRUC-ANBTR01,

ANBTR01z like RALT_DYNP_STRUC-ANBTR01,

ANBTR01w like RALT_DYNP_STRUC-ANBTR01,

ANBTR02x like RALT_DYNP_STRUC-ANBTR02,

ANBTR02y like RALT_DYNP_STRUC-ANBTR02,

end of itab.

After running the BDC,

This is the error given by the system to me.

S Field RALT_DYNP_STRUC-ANBTR01 (1) input value is longer than screen field

S Field RALT_DYNP_STRUC-ANBTR01 (4) input value is longer than screen field

S Field RALT_DYNP_STRUC-ANBTR01 (6) input value is longer than screen field

S Field RALT_DYNP_STRUC-ANBTR01 (8) input value is longer than screen field

S Field RALT_DYNP_STRUC-ANBTR02 (1) input value is longer than screen field

I cant understand why, as far as i can see, my both the itab and screen fields match in their lenght.

so why is it givin me such a error.

Regards,

Roshan Lilaram.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at internal table and some of the field length would be larger than as91 screen fields,so make it as what ever length at as91.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The output length might be greater...

Do one thing...

Give the values manually in the transaction..and check what exactly is the problem..

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at internal table and some of the field length would be larger than as91 screen fields,so make it as what ever length at as91.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

All the fields that you populate in BDC should be of character type. The internal table fields you declared are of currency type. So, change the internal table fields to character type or move the amount field to a character field of correct length before populating the bdcdata table. This will definitely resolve your problem.

For example, for the fields you declared, the data element is ANBTR and domain is ANLKWERT with output length 16. So, declare a character variable of length 16.say, v_char(16) type c.

After filling the data into your internal table, use write itab-ANBTR01x to v_char and use v_char to populate the bdcdata table.

Please award points if you find my answer useful. Plesae let me know if you have any other issues.

Regards,

Nagesh