Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDBG - Error :- Data element not active

former_member191391
Participant
0 Kudos

Done till now - I had made a ZBAPI, Generated and released program for BOR, Generated and released FM.

Now when I generate ALE for BAPI it throws error. Data Element not active. I had not found any data element inactive.

with Regards,

Manmeet Singh

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you might have not created ZBAPI independently, instead modified copied standard BAPI. In this process, knowingly or unknowingly some elements might be copied but not activated. Please check once all structures and fields and activate.

Regards,

Prasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had the same problem here. When a tables-structure from the BAPI is converted to an idoc, the BDBG transaction adds a 'Z1' to the tables-structure name to generate the idoc segment type (name).

In our case when we re-run the BDBG transaction the Z1 structure was not deleted and instead BDBG was adding another Z1 prefix to the segment type (name). Off course, this data element does not exist.

Hope this helps

Guido