Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Creating Error but Program running Fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have recently developed a program which creates new assets from the data received from IDOCs and updates them under Premise in SAP ISU. As a part of testing we have run that program and was updating the data fine. We have now scheduled the program as a batch and the batch generates error each time when it is creating a new asset but when the IDOC is processed manually, we are not getting the same error.

Can anyone suggest on the same?

Regards,

Anand.

7 REPLIES 7

Mohamed_Mukhtar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Are you processing inbound IDOC by using RBDAPP01 program and scheduling it as background job.

Is the job getting cancelled.Kindly share the error or dump details.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no error while running the batch and the batch is a success but we are getting an error (sy-subrc=0 error data)  in the work order(IW53) which its needs to update.

Regards,

Anand.

0 Kudos

Hey Anand,

Without an error log, there can be many simple possibilities that get overlooked:

1. Check for the user authorization that processes the IDOC. Immediately after the process run transaction SU53 for authorization check.

2. Try to execute the IDOC manually in background mode for any errors. Maybe you need to handle background mode.

3. Force an error record to verify, if the system behaves the same in manual as well as auto mode.

If you have any additional details, please share for better inputs.

Regards,

Pranav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Please find the screenshots of the data as requested. Please provide your valuable inputs for the same.

Thanks.

Anand.

0 Kudos

Hey Anand,

Is there a step to activate or complete the Notification. I believe there is a chequered flag button used to activate or complete the Notification.

The screenshots you shared display the Notification is complete. Does this IDoc fail in the Batch Job?

Pranav.

0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

The batch itself completes the Notification. You might have observed from the screenshots that when I am running the Batch a WIP is created and when I am running it through program i.e Processing IDOC through BD87, it completes fine. Checked both the config and they are calling the same program. I am unable to find why they are behaving seperately for batch and manual process.

Can you advice if I need to check anything else?

Regards,

Anand.

0 Kudos

Create another test scenario with multiple IDocs in sequence.

As soon as you trigger the IDoc, log on to transaction SM51 to check whether the relevant IDoc processes get triggered. Also, verify the standard table for Notification entries getting created or Notification numbers being skipped by the system. (This scenario hints that you will need a specific COMMIT WORK to complete the transaction).

Also, run transaction SU53 to verify authorizations to the BATCH user.

Regards,

Pranav.