Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BarCode Printing using Label Printer

muhammad_sohail
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We want to print barcode using label printer "Datamax-O'Neil M-4308 Mark II". Printer only printing text in the attached screenshot but not printing the barcode. It just print the doted-lines initially instead of whole barcode and after space it prints remaining text (Material, Batch, Vendor/Breed etc) in the page.

Please help me in the above smartform issue, what should I need to check to print whole barcode.

BarCode defined in SE73 system barcodes using following details:

Symbology Current Code: 128

Alignment: Normal

Narrow module width: 12

Linear Height: 00150

Code 128 Mode: A

Thanks

Sohail

6 REPLIES 6

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sohail,

Because, you have not mentioned much about your SAP system, Could you check in SPAD, the below areas,

Also could you have a check on the below,

https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/white-papers/en-us/using-smartforms-mysap.pdf

Label printing through Smartforms | SCN

Printing Bar Code with SAP Smart forms.... Prin... | SCN

Also Check for the printer-driver update. Is the BARcode getting printed in normal ways properly if not given Spool command through SAP?

Check the size format in SE73 as shown in Demo on bar code printing using SAP Scripts/Smart forms

& do take a look for that in SPAD too.

Thanks,

Kaushik

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Datamax printers need their own SAP Print driver. First, ensure that this is installed. See notes 1898463 and 1036961 for more information on the drivers and installation of Datamax drivers.

Also, check with your Datamax rep to see if they have any custom Barcode fonts to install on your SAP system.

If it installed, I believe that you can select which version of the printer language it uses - ensure that your printer and the driver are set up to use the same language/version.

0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu and Koshik, It was very helpful reply.

I am able to print the barcode after creating a font.

Now the problem is that; I have to print a sticker with 50*30MM Length, using this printer, as can bee seen in my BarCode.jpg attachment.

I have done the followings:

- Created page format "Portrait" with 50*30MM Length using "SPAD" tcode

- Created format type "Format type for Sapscript" and assign page format type to this, which already      been created.

I want to break the page after every 50*30MM length. It is breaking the page as per my smartform logic in the loop, but breaking it after Normal (DINA4) page length.

I have already assigned customized page format in my smartforms output options with "ZFORMAT" having lenght 50*30MM.

Regards,

Sohail

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The 50*30 option is better you put in SPAD as 0x0 & in the Front-end print setup of the user there you can also adjust & break also as per requirement, or say you can select other page format rather than DINA4, although DINA4 is the standard for A4 paper-size format.

Thanks,

Kaushik

0 Kudos

Thanks Kaushik,

You means I have to setup this lenght in Windows Control Pannel Printer settings and create a custom page format as per my requirement.

Regards

Sohail

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There also you can do like that or create a template page where after inserting all the Bar-Codes it prints, but I wanted to update you that you are loggin in to the SAP system through GUI, right? Now that GUI also has a Front-End Print tab, in there I was actually referring. say in my comapny Bank-Cheque Printing is required, thats why that 1 system is attached to a single printer & in the Front-end GUI options only We have put the cheque paper size.

Thanks,

Kaushik