Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_WARRANTYCLAIM_CHANGE2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having trouble updating a warranty claim with the BAPI BAPI_WARRANTYCLAIM_CHANGE2. Lack of documentation doesn't help either.

I can modify any field on the header of the Warranty Claim but I can never update an item or the version data.

I believe that the key is to fill in the correct handle but, I haven't been able to get it right.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

Do you use WTY12_CLAIM_READ_RFC to get data of a warranty claim before changing?

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

No I am not using that function.

When I fill in a warranty claim number, the function returns nothing. I don't think it's a formatting issue. Anything else I should know about this function?

But, more importantly, what will this do for me?

0 Kudos

Hi!

I don't know either function modules - I just wanted to know, how you fill the table parameters of BAPI_WARRANTYCLAIM_CHANGE2. Maybe your version or position numbering is not the way, SAP (/the Bapi) is expecting.

My idea was: If you get the read function module working, you can use the results for filling the change function.

But now I head a look into the source code. This must be one of the fastest function modules ever. IT IS COMPLETELY EMPTY! Sorry.

Also Business object BUS2222 still refers to BAPI_WARRANTYCLAIM_CHANGE. In documentation of this FM BAPI_WARRANTYCLAIM_CHANGE2 is mentioned - looks a little bit like 'under construction' to me.

Maybe you give the 'old' BAPI_WARRANTYCLAIM_CHANGE a try - if this works, then an OSS-request for help is OK, because the new function has still errors.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get this sorted? I have the same query