Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bapi_projectdef_existencecheck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am using this FM bapi_projectdef_existencecheck to check if Projects exist in system.

In this we are using 2 parameters , 1) currentexternalproje and 2) currentinternalproje.

my reqyutrement is i am uploading the file data passing external parameter but in don't know which input i want to give for currentinternalproje to check the projects exits in the system.

kindly clarify.

regards,

kumar.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you feel which is internal and which is external, then take a project and goto proj table and pass it.

try passing the internal and external which gives you entry then use the same in BAPI.

Shiva

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

my requirement is, the input file data coming from application server.

so i am passing the the external data into one parameter of currentexternalproje in bapi_projectdef_existencecheck

but my question is which parameter i want to pass to currentinternalproje parameter in BAPI??

mean i have only external parameter not having internal parameter to check the project exists in SAP.

kindly clarify.

regards,

kumar.

0 Kudos

Hi,

By means one of the key fields can be initial, you can pass your value for the project to CURRENTEXTERNAL and define a variable of type CURRENTINTERNALPROJE and pass it (without any value). FM Internally handles that. You just have to pass a variable of the same type and it does not need to have any value.

Try it.

It will work.

Thanks,

Sai Ramesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for your valuble answer..

Regards,

Kumar.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

1) Check from the table 2) Read the documentation and long text once.3) Check with your functional people and take the data and pass it.That will help you.

Regards,

Madhu

0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I have checked the BAPI Documenation.

in documenatation... The internal and external keys for the project definition CURRENTEXTERNALPROJE and CURRENTINTERNALPROJE are obligatory import parameters; one of the two keys can remain initial.

so can we say 2 parameters are Mondatory feilds. and i am not understood what i exactly mean by " one of the two keys can remain initial".

Please clarify.

regards,

Kumar.