Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_PO_CREATE1 problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to create a purchase order through this bapi and have almost checked every note and resource related. Nonetheless I haven't been able to overcome a message preventing me from creating the order:

"In case of account assignment, please enter acc. assignment data for item"

I have already checked the crossbar values and verified the data I am sending is accepted by ME21n, the Account assignment category is 'P'. I am filling the fields CMMT_ITEM, FUNDS_CTR, FUNCAREA, WBSELEMENT, FUND and G_L_ACCT

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls make sure that you have the required entries in the tables POACCOUNT and POACCOUTNX...These are required for account assignment...

Have you done this already?

The function module documentation is quite good and gives some example as to how to fill the tables..

Thanks,

Renjith

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls make sure that you have the required entries in the tables POACCOUNT and POACCOUTNX...These are required for account assignment...

Have you done this already?

The function module documentation is quite good and gives some example as to how to fill the tables..

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also populate the fields: <b>PO_ITEM</b> and <b>SERIAL_NO</b> in table <b>POACCOUNT</b> and <b>PO_ITEM</b>, <b>SERIAL_NO</b>, <b>PO_ITEMX</b> and <b>SERIAL_NOX</b> in table <b>POACCOUNTX</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, I haven't been able to solve the issue, already checked your suggestions but no luck. Thanks anyway.

Now I'm trying with the BAPI_PO_CREATE FM to see if I get lucky, now I get the error:

ME217 External number assignment not defined for document type ZCI

Does anyone have any idea of what this means?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

You are trying to create purchase orders of type <b>ZCI</b> and you are populating the PO number in the header structure POHEADER. But it seems the configuration is set up in such a way that for document type ZCI PO number will be created by SAP (Internal Assignment). So do not populate <b>poheader-PO_NUMBER</b> and <b>poheaderx-PO_NUMBER</b>.

Try it again....