Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bapi_po_create1 function not posting with errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem about bapi_po_create1 function. Although memory_uncomplete = 'X', return parameter has errors and not hold the PO. I want to hold the po despite errors.

I will be very happy if you help me.

Thanks alot.

Gözde Candan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gozde,

The details which i could dig out after reading the Documentation of the FM 'BAPI_PO_CREATE1'  is as follows -

1) In case the PO has consistency errors in MM, then it checks only value of MEMORY_UNCOMPLETE.

2) In case errors pertain to MM and budgeting then it checks both MEMORY_UNCOMPLETE and PARK_UNCOMPLETE parameters.

Please read the function module documentation in SE37.

Hope this helps.

BR.

12 REPLIES 12

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gözde,

as I know it just hold the order, if everything is correct in the data. So why should we create an order with errors?

It's up to you, to check and complete the data with default values, when creating an order.

i mean, imagine you got the wrong MAterialnumber, which doesn't exist. It makes no sense to create an order with such a mistake...

Or did I understand soemthing wrong, what you want to do?

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian, you can hold the po with some errors. It means you can correct the errors later.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, but if there is an essential part missing i think it just returns the errors. But if that isn't your case, you might explain the problem with more details.

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gozde,

The details which i could dig out after reading the Documentation of the FM 'BAPI_PO_CREATE1'  is as follows -

1) In case the PO has consistency errors in MM, then it checks only value of MEMORY_UNCOMPLETE.

2) In case errors pertain to MM and budgeting then it checks both MEMORY_UNCOMPLETE and PARK_UNCOMPLETE parameters.

Please read the function module documentation in SE37.

Hope this helps.

BR.

0 Kudos

Hi Ankit, I try both. But I can't hold the po

0 Kudos

Hi Gozde,

I wonder then can you achieve the same using transactions? BAPIs just replicate the behavior of transactions. There might be some config. mismatch.

BR.

0 Kudos

Yes, in transaction ME21N i can hold PO with some missing data.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is PSM_USFED_CI_2 "PSM, US Federal 2" activated on your system ?

Park and hold facility for purchase requisitions and purchase orders from Materials Management (MM)

You can use this feature to save purchase requisitions and purchase orders temporarily.

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

I realized that the function can't pass the custom errors(z) that we give in the exits.

Anyone face that problem?

0 Kudos

Hi Gozde,

There is a work around for this in case you have less category of error messages.

Workaround -

Use 'Import' statements to populate error messages in exits and use 'Export' statements at other place to retrieve the errors from memory.

Ask if not clear.

BR.

0 Kudos

Hi

Which exit the errors are  thrown..? In the exit you will need to apply the flag if PO is suppose to be hold then do not throw messages or throw in the way the exit wants

Nabehet

0 Kudos

In the case you want to hold the po, collect the errors and submit a protocol to the user. So the errors are getting in touch and your po will be hold as you want to.

Regards

florian