Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_PO_CHANGE Not updating Database

former_member628395
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry if this is a duplicate post. I have searched for the solution before posting but could not find onc and had to post this thread.

I am using BAPI BAPI_PO_RELEASE to release a PO. The BAPI does not return anything in the return table, the subrc is 0 and also it returns the new release status. But the PO does not actually gets released.

I have tried using the BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT, tough it is not required.

Also I get a message that the release strategy is liable to reset popup when I execute the BAPI, which is of type W.

I tried to testing the same BAPI on some other server(with relevant parameters) and works perfectly alright there. What could be the reason for the PO not getting released?

Regards,

Sagar

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried to release the strategy by transaction (ME29N), it could be a customizing problem

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Yes I tried it. It is working fine.

Regards,

Sagar

0 Kudos

It's strange

If you can do it by transaction, you should do it by bapi and that bapi is so easy

Have you said it returns a popup with a warning message, which one? Class and number

Try to check the fm used by the bapi and check if there are some notes

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Thanks for your replies. I know. Its strange. As I said I have tested the same on other system and its working fine with similar parameters. Also the PR Release BAPI is working fine. I sense some problem in the config.

Will check that now and revert.

Regards,

Sagar

0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said, there was some issue in the configuration which was affecting the normal working of the BAPI.

Closing the thread.

Regards,

Sagar