Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_NETWORK_COMP_ADD

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to add material components to a network activity (as in CN22) via an external interface.

SAP documentation indicates that there is a BAPI for this on Ver. 4.7 and up, called BAPI_NETWORK_COMP_ADD.

Unfortunately our R/3 system is on Ver 4.6c. Does anyone know how this can be performed in 4.6c?

Can we load this BAPI and its related components into our 4.6c and if yes, where do I get the BAPI source from?

Thanks for any help!

Fred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think it is possible to backport somethings including BAPIs, but I believe that it would be sheer luck that it would work. Not only do you need the BAPI itself, but all/any underlying logic code. It would be better to look for an existing API or some function module, if not RFC enabled, you could create a custom RFC function module which would wrap that logic. I would not suggest trying to backport the BAPI.

REgards,

RIch Heilman

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do not create multiple threads for the same question..

Please close one of them..

Thanks,

Naren

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

One thread in the correct forum is good enough. We will see it regardless. I have deleted the others. Thanks.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think it is possible to backport somethings including BAPIs, but I believe that it would be sheer luck that it would work. Not only do you need the BAPI itself, but all/any underlying logic code. It would be better to look for an existing API or some function module, if not RFC enabled, you could create a custom RFC function module which would wrap that logic. I would not suggest trying to backport the BAPI.

REgards,

RIch Heilman

0 Kudos

Rich,

My apologies...now I know better. Thanks for deleting the other messages.

I have looked at RFCs and cannot seem to find one that match the kind of functionality......

If anyone is familiar with an RFC which will add material components to Network activities... please let me know...

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

I have got the same problem. We have a PS interface and should downgrade it to Release 4.6C

Now we miss the BAPI_NETWORK_COMP_ADD. Do you find a solution for it?

Thanks in advance !

Sylvia