Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI equivalence for Transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone:

I have some transactions, is there a way to find some equivalent BAPIS? this transactions are XD03, FD10N and FBL5N.... or at least a way to find out which tables are they accessing?

Thanks!

Alejandro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no direct link between transaction code and BAPI. All the transactions you mentioned are display transactions. Do you want the output of these transactions into some internal tables so that you can further use them or do you want to simply call these display transactions from outside SAP?

You can get some of the customer details using BAPI_CUSTOMER_GETDETAIL2. You can look at BAPI_GL_ACC_GETDETAIL for getting GL account details.

Tables are KNA1, KNB1, KNVK, etc for customers. BSID for the customer accounting document lines.

Srinivas

24 REPLIES 24

former_member182670
Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to transaction BAPI, you can search for BAPI's there.

For XD03 look at object Customer and BAPI BAPI_CUSTOMER_DISPLAY

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no direct link between transaction code and BAPI. All the transactions you mentioned are display transactions. Do you want the output of these transactions into some internal tables so that you can further use them or do you want to simply call these display transactions from outside SAP?

You can get some of the customer details using BAPI_CUSTOMER_GETDETAIL2. You can look at BAPI_GL_ACC_GETDETAIL for getting GL account details.

Tables are KNA1, KNB1, KNVK, etc for customers. BSID for the customer accounting document lines.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas:

Thanks for your response... I'd like to call them from webDynpro... however, I noticed that I couldn't find equivalences... I'm just trying to make sense out of it, I'd like to find my way out instead of asking for every transaction I need to use.... I know what data I need, but some fields appear on the transaction and not on the BAPI... can I get to know where did this data come from using the transaction?

Thanks

Alejandro

0 Kudos

BAPIs are created for the purpose of exchanging SAP objects such as customer, vendor etc or even sales order etc with the external applications. Exchanging includes mere data exchange, or even update operations.

Not every external application has the same definition of a customer or a sales order. So in the design of a BAPI, they have taken the approach of what is the minimum required for all these applications to use these objects and what additional information may be desired. So, you will find the BAPIs holding lot less information than what you see on the SAP transaction screens.

But at the same time, if an external application needs to perform update/create/delete operations on some SAP object, then SAP requires more data so that it fits into its transaction logic. So you will see these BAPIs asking for much more information.

If you are calling from Webdynpro, you can always call some of the online BAPIs which will do a direct transaction call to the SAP transaction. I haven't yet started working on it, but with what little I know, I think all transactions can be called from within a webdynpro application.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

But if you have specific fields in those transactions that you find the tables for, please let me know.

0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas... I'm using XD03 to get the client details, however, I can't get the "Street 5" field, and also the Fiscal Information.....

About the countries, I get MX, do you know which table should access for its full name equivalence? such in this case, Mexico.

I really appreciate it, I don't really know where to start looking

Thanks

Alex

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check table T005T with LAND1 = MX and you will get MExico at T005T-LANDX.

Regards,

Lanka

0 Kudos

Hello Lanka, how did you find this table? I need other "Help tables" ¿, just like the countries one

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Street 5 and other central address administration fields are available in ADRC table and other ADR* tables. The link between ADRC and KNA1 will be ADRNR.

If you go to any of these tables, go to the country field(LAND1), you will see that it has a value/check table of T005. Now if you go to display T005, in the menu, 'Go To-->Text Table' will take you to the corresponding descriptions table.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

I'm sorry I didn't get the last part... for instance, I have table KNB1 and one field ZTERM has code 0001. That code means "Available for 30 days". That would be an equivalence in another table. I need to find that table tough =(

Also, I didn't find table ADRNR

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please note that the payterms were maintained differently in SAP.

For your purpose please check table T052U with key as ZTERM = KNB1-ZTERM and SPRAS = LANGUAGE that you are you are using.

Regards,

Lanka

0 Kudos

KNA1 has a field ADRNR which links to ADRC to give you all the address details.

ZTERM(payment terms) are in another table(T052). T052U has the descriptions.

0 Kudos

That's the table, however, on XD03 I have ZTERM 0001 and it says: "PAY INMEDIATELY WITHOUT DPP" and on table T052U the same entry has no text.... the closest text goes with entry D001

Thanks!

Alex

0 Kudos

You have to use the function module FI_TEXT_ZTERM.

Even better is use function module FI_PRINT_ZTERM.

Message was edited by: Srinivas Adavi

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check table view : V_T052 or use function module :

*--Get Own explanation from view V_T052

CALL FUNCTION 'FI_PRINT_ZTERM'

EXPORTING

I_ZTERM = XD03-ZTERM

I_LANGU = SY-LANGU

I_XT052U = 'X'

TABLES

T_ZTEXT = T_ZTEXT.

Regards,

Lanka

0 Kudos

where do I place that code?

I have this code already working:

FUNCTION Z_SAP_GET_CREDIT.
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
*"*"Interfase local
*"  IMPORTING
*"     VALUE(CLIENT_ID) TYPE  Z_CLIENT_ID OPTIONAL
*"  EXPORTING
*"     VALUE(CREDIT_LIMIT) TYPE  KNB1-WEBTR
*"     VALUE(CONDITIONS) TYPE  KNB1-ZTERM
*"  EXCEPTIONS
*"      USER_DOES_NOT_EXIST
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------

TYPES: BEGIN OF credit_eq_type,
         WEBTR  LIKE KNB1-WEBTR,
         ZTERM  LIKE KNB1-ZTERM,
       END OF credit_eq_type .

DATA: credit_eq TYPE  credit_eq_type.

CONSTANTS BU LIKE KNB1-BUKRS value 'FSMX'.

call function 'CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT'
     EXPORTING
      INPUT = CLIENT_ID
     IMPORTING
      OUTPUT = CLIENT_ID.

SELECT SINGLE WEBTR ZTERM
FROM KNB1
INTO credit_eq
WHERE KUNNR = CLIENT_ID.

CREDIT_LIMIT = credit_eq-WEBTR.
CONDITIONS = credit_eq-ZTERM.

ENDFUNCTION.

I would assume that the transformation should be places after the CONDITIONS last assignment.

Thanks

Alejandro

0 Kudos

No that wont work. Your 'CONDITIONS' is defined like KNB1-ZTERM where as the texts are returned from the function module in the tables parameter defined as below.

T_ZTEXT STRUCTURE TTEXT.

So you need to add a tables parameter with the same structure. Then in your code, after your SELECT statement, call the function module with I_ZTERM = credit_eq-ZTERM and T_ZTEXT = <your function module's tables parameter>.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Why can I just get the 001 value I already have, and make another SELECT using that value?

Gosh why can I just use C!

Thanks

Alex

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use Function module for ZTERM text then you have to declare internal tables .

*--Get Own explanation from view V_T052

EXPORTING

I_ZTERM = ZXEKKO-ZTERM

I_LANGU = L_LANGU

I_XT052U = 'X'

TABLES

T_ZTEXT = T_ZTEXT.

Then use Read statement to pass the text to a string.

Read table T_ZTEXT index 1.

Z_TEXT_TERM = T_ZTEXT-TEXT1.

Or Use Select statement by using view V_T052

Regards,

Lanka

0 Kudos

Because what you are getting from one table(KNB1) is just the code(001) and what you actually want is the text which is what you will get using the function module. Even if you use C I guess you have to make similar selects if the database is designed in such a way that codes are stored in one place and texts are in another place!!!

0 Kudos

I believe it's a matter of naming.... so basically I get the code and there's no SELECT FROM WHERE code = mycode Table I could use... I need to go through a function module, and functions modules (or at least this one) needs not a flat input, but a table

Thanks for your patience!! hehe

Alejandro

0 Kudos

The table has only one text, but the function module sometimes returns more than that because of how the payment terms are set up. Depending on configuration, some additional lines of texts will be added to the text existing in that table. So what you see in the table need not always be the complete text for a payment term. That is reason for using a table instead of a string. If you look through the code of this function module, you will see that it appends other text lines(kind of hardcoded text lines) to the one selected from the table.

Hope this clarifies,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Again.... I'd like to fully understand it (rather than having someone writting my code). I think that this will bringme the string I need:

EXPORTING

I_ZTERM = credit_eq-ZTERM

I_LANGU = LANGUAGE

I_XT052U = 'X'

TABLES

T_ZTEXT = MY_TEXT.

It will be placed on a table called MY_TEXT right? I can read it afterwards.... but how should I create that table? I've looking for "internal tables creation" but I find it way too complex and I don't think that's what I need is that so?

Thanks again! Alejandro

0 Kudos

You still have to declare MY_TEXT somewhere in the code or it should be your function module's tables parameter. If you did that, yes, then the text will be available for you to read. Imagine the internal tables as arrays in C.