Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background job failure when running under different user id

former_member216668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i face an issue when trying to run a background job. When it run it under my ID, it works perfectly well.

Where as when i try to copy the job and run it under different user, i get the below error

I debugged using JDBG but i am not able to find any authority check error.

Any Cluses as Why i am getting this 'GR' 587 & 831 error.

BTW i have all admin permissions to run the job.

Rgds, K

10 REPLIES 10

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please choose that job in SM37 and do a JDBG using that id. It will start the debugger. Then you can check where is the issue.

0 Kudos

Yes Nabheet,

I ran the debugger, but in the authority check statement, it works fine and no error comes.

0 Kudos

Please debug it completly using that id  and check if some other error is there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

This is clear that there is some authorization missing for the other user, best way is to debug as Nabheet suggested else you can compare the role and authorization of urself and the other user.

Regards,

DN.

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

both My id and the other id have same authorization. I know this must b something very silly but i am unalbe to find it in the last 3 days.

0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Thats strange. But its not necessary that Authorization Object only checks for authorization, it might be possible that there is some BAPI call which needs authorization for database access for that action. Kindly check those as well.

Regards,

DN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to run SU53 and see?may be you can run the program of the job in foreground and execute SU53.

0 Kudos

Hi Sooraj,

did the same. no errors when i run it in foreground

0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

In the debugger put a break point at the messages 'GR' 587 & 831 and check why it is triggered. Once you find out the origin of the error you will be able to find out the exact problem. You can use the Breakpoint at->Message option.

Thanks,

Ajay Bose

0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Use the system trace, ST01 and mark the authority chek for that user.

Teresa Gonçalves