Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid EQ for performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am intermediate in ABAP programming i have seen in many other site and in some scn discussion that use '=' symbol instead of 'EQ' for better performance.So i want to what is the logic behind it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I searched ASCII chart in ABAP, and saw that '=' has a direct ASCII value assignment but i did not find 'EQ' in ASCII chart. So maybe there's some conversion from EQ to '=' and then ASCII.

Regards,

KS

6 REPLIES 6

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion there is absolutely no difference.

0 Kudos

I agree.

Absolutely no difference in terms of program execution.

The difference, extremely small, could be at the time code gets compiled.

ShaneTan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

since processors are getting more and more powerful, I doubt there will be much difference in terms of performance. I would rather focus more on the programming logic/codes to better retrieve the data from the database.

My 2 cents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.

would it make any difference in Paraller cursor method ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I searched ASCII chart in ABAP, and saw that '=' has a direct ASCII value assignment but i did not find 'EQ' in ASCII chart. So maybe there's some conversion from EQ to '=' and then ASCII.

Regards,

KS

0 Kudos

Thanks it looks same from my end, Let's see if others have any detailed explanation.