Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Checks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing an ALV report for Handling Units. Selection-screen consists of 3 fields-Plant(mandatory), Material Number and Warehouse Number.

Security Restrictions: The following authorization checks or security restrictions must be programmed in the report.

1.The report has to be run by the person from Logistic and Warehouse department.

2.The report should have a provision to execute the report for a particular plant only.

3.The users from one plant should not be able to run the report for other plant.

Can any body tell me the logic for the above authorization checks. Is there any FM for the above requirement.

Thanks,

Bala.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think u can use Check statemebt..

first populate the values on the selection screen of the propgram.

say they r in fields f1 f2 and f3.

now u can check -

at begining of start of selection -

Check sy-uname eq F1.

Check..eq F2.

etc

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to create the authorizations separately for the same in tcode SU21 for 1,2(ur list).

check tcode SU20 , su01 for 3..

u need to create objects at hiearchial way and handle the same.

regards,

vijay.<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/52/671285439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/content.htm">link</a>

refer to this link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the user enters the multiple plants then at the time of validation in start of selection screen use check the same authority check and move the same again to the select option . this will fetch only for the plants for which he is having the authorization. and finally display message for the missing plants due to authorization problem

goto su21 and find the authority check and use the same

Regards

Shiva