Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Server : File writes limited characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a requirement to generate XLS file on application server. I have followed the approach mentioned following link.

Everything is working fine except the limitation on file record. I have a record with 1200 characters. But I could see that my record is getting truncated after 800 characters (approx). It's not that I am viewing record from AL11 (I know that there is a limitation on viewing records from AL11). We have downloaded file using CG3Y, it's same truncated data. Also we have transferred the file directly from application server to 3rd party and it's the same issue.

I have checked the approach mentioned in following link but this approach will split the record into 2 rows which I don't want to.

Can someone help me in writing record onto AL11 file with more than 1200 char?

Thanks,

Somu

3 REPLIES 3

rosenberg_eitan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this field by field method (no concatenate).

See attached program:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

CG3Y will not help in viewing longer records as this transaction also have length limitations .

Try using an internal table with string field and check if you are able to read the whole record .

Once read all the records , download the table using GUI_DOWNLOAD and see if it works .

Thanks

Manik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the response. Seems my mistake. I have double checked on this and it seems all working fine without any additional fix/change.

Thanks,

Somu