Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append long text to existing one in ME52N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have the following requirement:

While creating PR's we want manufacturer details for the given material to be defaulted in material LONG text at Item level.

1. user opens PR in create mode ME51N.

2. Enters material number at line item

3. When he goes to material text tab in LONG TEXTS at Item level he should see all the manufacturers of that material stored in custom table.

4. Material text gets defaulted from material description using copy control by default and we need to append these manufacturer details to this long text and display.

Then user decides on one manufacturer and deletes rest of the manufacturer details. When he saves the PR only remaining text will be automatically saved.

I have identified BADI to do the same (to get the manufacutrer details and preapred it as a long text) however, I am unable to push this as appended text onto the TEXT EDITOR of long texts.

Any suggestions/help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rgds,

Lakshmi

1 REPLY 1

former_member555112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make use of READ_TEXT and SAVE_TEXT FM to get the additional text and add to the existing text.

Regards,

Ankur Parab