Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any exit or event that is available for FM IDOC_START_INBOUND

0 Kudos

Hi,

Getting a requirement that need to send an email after batch of IDOC have been processed. Try to search all the user exit and sdn and can not get any information.

And I can see that the FM IDOC_START_INBOUND will process idoc in batch, however there is no user exit for this. Appreciate someone can share some light on this.

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, there is always the implicit enhancement point at the very end of the fuction module if that's what you're looking for... but I don't think that's the best way to handle a requirement like this.

How is the processing of the IDocs performed? Via a background job? It would then be better to include sending the email as the last step of the job... or something like that.

0 Kudos

Actually I am trying to avoid using implicit enhancement as possible. But it seem like that is the only choice now.

The IDOC_START_INBOUND is triggered by RFC call from PI.

Edited by: Ching Hong Chong on Jan 18, 2012 9:53 AM

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, then I'd rather look into incorporating the email send into the PI process instead of trying to enhance the SAP function module.

Sending email is easily done in PI.