Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV & MODULE POOL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a basic list with check boxes, when i check some entries i have to do some calcualtions and call a screen which have some fields where user has to input values into that fields and after pressing button in that screen i have to process in PAI using the values entered.

There are about 6 fields among them 4 are from dictionary and i have provide some search helps aswell. The other 2 fields are of type C.

The problem is after entering the values into those 6 fields and pressing button, in PAI I was only able to read values of 2 fileds which i have declared as type C other dictionary fields I am not able to read.

What could be the reason? could some one help me out with this pls?

Thank U.

Gajendra.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

It is better you give the Standard Search help, or if you are giving your own search help make sure that, the code is working good, if the search help returns the values to the field then the value should be there in that field.

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There could be one reason for that behaviour.

Generally values of all the fields are passed from the Screen to the Program in PAI. If these values are to be available in the program, then fields in the program should have the same name as the screen fields. If they are not the same, then the values need to be explicitly passed in PAI. for example...consider the field name as SCR_F1 and the program variable as PRG_F1.

To have SCR_F1 in the program, SCR_F1 should be passed to PRG_F1 in the PAI.

Check the below links for more information.,..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/9f/dba9e735c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm

Regards,

Vara

0 Kudos

Hi

I think i have same names for the fields in program and screen.

First when i tried the fields were not recognized then i declared then using data statement. now error was not there but values are not seen.

search help is also geting populated. after pressing button in PAI i dont get the values for dictionary fields , but fields that i have declared as Characters Iam getting.

Thank You,

Gajendra.

0 Kudos

Can you explain me in detail...

what do you mean by " First when i tried the fields were not recognized then i declared then using data statement ".

Just a concern....did you activate your program ????

Regards,

Vara

0 Kudos

Hi

I did activate my program.

I have a field from dictionary MARA-MATNR on the screen. After pressing a button in that screen it takes me to PAI right, inside i was just assiging the MARA-MATNR to some other field. I got an error saying MARA-MATNR cannot be found.

Then I declared that as

DATA:MARA-MATNR type MATNR.

There was no error later on, but when i double click on MARA-MATNR while debugging the filed is empty eventhough i have entered a value for that field in screen.

Thank You,

Suresh.

0 Kudos

Hi Vara,

Thank You. That path u have given for help was helped me . The declaration I have to declare the tables not the fields.

Iam getting it now I have rewarded points aswell. Thank You.

Suresh.